Thursday, June 13, 2024

Book 98: The Reappearance of Rachel Price by Holly Jackson

 I just finished The Reappearance of Rachel Price and I give it ☝☝☝.

The first third, or almost half I guess, of this book was great: Bel's mom disappeared when Bel was a baby, and there's a film crew doing a documentary on it.  Bel was fun and snarky and had a great relationship with her dad and her extended family. Even when the title event happens (Rachel, Bel's mom, comes home), it continued to be fun, as Bel was trying to figure out whether her Mom is telling the truth about where she was or not. But then it becomes very dark and this shift of tone just did not work for me. The changes in character of how people were behaving also did not make sense for me. It turns out that this is technically a YA book and I would NOT want a young adult reading this book. Anyway. Not recommending.

No comments:

Post a Comment