Saturday, June 29, 2024

Book 107 Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax

 I just finished 10 Beach Road and I give it 🏖🏖🏖1/2.

I've been looking for a replacement for my Elin Hilderbrand addiction and a few different blogs recommended Wendy Wax books. I tried 10 Beach Road and it was just ok. It was very Elin-adjacent as it was about three women (Nicole, Maddy-sometimes-called-Madeline, and the Third One) who were all scammed by a Bernie Madoff type guy. The settlement each one was offered was 1/3 of a giant old beach house in Florida.  They all get to the beach house and it needs a ton of work to sell to make money. Each of the women have an Issue, and they all agree to stay and do the work because a contractor that the Third One (I can't think of her name) knew from childhood said he would do the work and get paid back from the proceeds of the sale. Anyway, this very very long book is about how they renovated the house and how they dealt with all their Issues. The Issues were not very interesting and the premise that a contractor would work for free including buying all the materials did not seem realistic to me. Anyway, I may try one more by Wendy Wax but I'm not holding out a lot of promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment