Sunday, January 7, 2024

Book 4 of 2024: The Whispers

 I just finished The Whispers by Ashley Audrain and I give it ☆☆☆☆.

I haven't read The Push by the same author but I'm going to since I found The Whispers to be a very compelling book. It's hard to say it was a 'good' book but it was really a compelling read. The book centers on four women who live on the same block in a re-gentrified neighborhood. The story focuses on what happened before and what happened after a horrible accident occured (or was it)?

The title "The Whispers" describes that little voice that many women hear telling them they need to be more--better moms, harder workers, more generous wives. All four women are holding secrets that affect (to some degree) how they view the events of the night of the horrible accident. I found all the characters interesting and the book kept me guessing til about the 80% mark. And no spoilers but: the ending is chilling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment