Sunday, January 28, 2024

Book 14: Glossy by Marisa Meltzer

I just finished Glossy by Marisa Meltzer and I give it 𐫰𐫰𐫰𐫰 . I like to read nonfiction before bed (easy to put down!) and I like books about strong women entrepreneurs. This is about Emily Weiss, who founded the beauty brand Glossier (I had vaguely heard of it prior--it really is a brand for Millenials).  It's a well written book of how Weiss went from a teenage reality tv star to building a website that focused on what products women used regularly to starting Glossier. Weiss comes across as smart and likable and strategic. The subtitle of the book promised to be an 'expose' but there really wasn't a lot to expose--which kind of made it a bit of a dull ending as Weiss extricated herself from the brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment