Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Book 2 of 2024: Anon Pls: a fictionalized history of Deuxmoi (?)

 I just finished Anon Pls by Deuxmoi and I give it ☆☆☆.

Deuxmoi is a (real) celebrity gossip site. The owner(s) of Deuxmoi are unknown, and did not come clean in the publishing of the novel (if we can believe it, Deuxmoi was once an assistant to a nasty stylist). Anyway, it's the story of (maybe) how Deuxmoi got started. 

It was OK. It is kind of light and breezy, with an interesting main character (with the ridiculous name of Cricket), two loyal buddies, the aforementioned nasty boss, and various people who want to 'out' her for various reasons. I found it hard to care about these people, though, because while I enjoy a little light celeb gossip I don't live for it. And the mixing of 'fictionalized' celebs and real celebs is annoying to me. So just OK for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment