Saturday, January 20, 2024

Book 10: The Fury by Alex Michaelides

 I just finished The Fury and I give it ☆☆☆ 1/2 stars.

This is the second book I've read recently about a murder on an island in Greece (the first one was called Ladykillers by Katherine Woods). This one is shorter, tighter, but has some similarities--infidelity, things being not what they seem. Two actors, one's husband (and another's lover), one of the actor's assistant, the actor's son, and the actor's best friend (the story's narrator) converge on a Greek island to (theoretically) relax for a bit. The book is an onion, with every 'act' peeling one layer to tell more of the backstory and the history of the people in the book. There is twist after twist, with this narrative technique, and that kept me reading because I had to know the killer. I guessed one of the biggest twists but that was ok. However, this is one of those books that when I'm done I say to myself "I have to stop reading these domestic thriller books--they're just kind of like potato chips." 

No comments:

Post a Comment