Friday, April 26, 2024

Book 59: Game of Lies by Clare Mackintosh

 I just finished Game of Lies and I give it 🔍🔍🔍🔍.

This is the second book in the DC Morgan series, set at the border of Wales and England, and I liked it as well (and maybe even more) than the first one, The Last Party. Ffion Morgan is a DC who doesn't play by the rules and has never left the small town where she grew up, so her youthful indiscretions seem to follow her during the investigations she undertakes. In this book, she investigates the disappearance of a contest on a reality show that is being filmed near her town. The reality show is bonkers and I can't even describe it. There are lots of characters in this book (reality show) but it is very easy to keep them all straight. She reunites with the detective she met in the first book (Leo) and there's some good chemistry there. All in all, I really liked this book and Mackintosh reminds me a bit of Elly Griffiths so there's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment