Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Book 42: Friends in Napa by Sheila Yasmin Marikar

 I just read Friends in Napa and I give it 🍇🍇🍇.

This book is from Mindy Kaling's imprint Mindy's Book Studio, which focuses on Indian women writers, and I think that is a great thing. This book is not that great, though, although it has the elements I tend to enjoy: friends from college getting together, a murder, a very plot-driven story. The friends getting together are Anjali and her (non-Indian) husband, Rachel and Raj, Victoria, and Hari. The book begins with a murder of someone by a woman in stilletos, and the rest of the book is the weekend before the murder, where Rachel and Raj invite their friends to the grand opening of their Napa vineyard. There are a couple plots floating around about old friendships and new jealousies, which were pretty well drawn. I just didn't care that much about the characters, instead I just kept reading to find out who got murdered and who was the murderer. If you're like me, you'll know about 3/4 of the way in who is who. 

No comments:

Post a Comment