Thursday, April 11, 2024

Book 49: Up-Island Harbor by Jean Stone

 I just finished Up-Island Harbor and I give it 🏝🏝🏝 3/4. 

In my search for the next Elin Hilderbrand, I gave this book a try. It's set on Martha's Vineyard, but in a 'non touristy' part so we never get quite the flavor of what it is like to live on MV. Maddie has come to visit her late Grandmother's house, which was left to her when her grandmother died. She is just planning to make a quick visit since she hadn't seen her grandmother for years (her mother died when she was a child). However, upon arrival, there are THINGS that signal to her that mayyybbbeee she shouldn't leave the island (yes, one of these is a guy, but this really isn't a romance). I loved the part of the plot about the native Americans on the island, but this book just went on far too long (three trips to the hospital for Maddie? Please).  The author will write more in the series but not sure if I'll read them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment