Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Book 58: The Last Word by Elly Griffiths

 I just finished The Last Word and I give it 🗡🗡🗡🗡 1/2 stars.

I am a huge huge huge Elly Griffiths fan, and this book is the fourth book in her Harbinder Kaur series. This one, though, has very little Harbinder in it, instead revisiting some of the characters from her second book, The Postscript Murders. The book focuses mainly on Benedict, Natalka and Edwin, the latter two having started a private investigation agency. They are hired by two sisters who want to pin the death of their mother on their mother's second husband. Anyway, Benedict and Edwin go 'undercover' to a writer's retreat to try to find answers. They find more murders, and many suspects. 

I didn't really remember these characters that well from three years ago (when the book was published) but it works fine as a stand-alone story. It is well written and quite intriguing, and moves along really well. The end was kind of rushed and I said 'huh?' at one point, but it was a good book that I enjoyed.

I do miss Ruth Galloway though. I may need to go back and reread them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment