Monday, April 8, 2024

Book 47: Private Equity by Carrie Sun

 I just finished Private Equity and I give it 💲💲💲1/2.

Sun's memoir is the story of her experiences working as the assistant to the head of a hedge fund.  "Boone Prescott" (not his real name) runs "Carbon" (not its real name) and Carrie (her real name) helps run him. It's the story of how the amount of work pushes Carrie to the edge, and as a memoir it also covers earlier trauma from her parents, her ex-fiance,  and from a violent situation when she was at college. Anyway, it's kind of an interesting book but we never really know WHY the job is so overwhelming. She doesn't discuss what she actually does, so it's hard to sympathize with her (she goes into great detail about the perks---gifts, parties, trips, lunches, etcetera). I'm not sad I read this but I find it kind of hard to empathize with her about her job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment