Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Book 38: Green Dot by Madeleine Gray

 I've just finished Green Dot and I give it 💚💚💚💚💚.

Wow. This book. This astonishing book. It's the story of a woman growing up, of love, of desire, and of what we will or won't do for the people we love. Hera is a recent college graduate in Sydney, living with her Dad.  She has good friends, a recent breakup, and an unclear vision of her future. At her 'content moderation' job, she meets and falls in love with an older journalist, who is married. The novel centers on the development of their relationship, and her perceptions of what she will and won't accept, and how that changes during the course of the relationship. I steeled myself for a heartbreaking conclusion at about the 75% mark, and I was so invested in Hera and her happiness. Just a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment