Saturday, March 9, 2024

Book 31: The Hunter by Tana French

 I just finished The Hunter and I give it ☆☆☆☆. This had all the hallmarks of a Tana French book--great Irish setting, quirky characters, menacing undertones throughout the whole book. This novel revisits the characters from The Searcher, and has Trey's father returning to the little town where she lives with some type of 'scam' in mind. Retired Chicago cop Cal and his partner Lena want to make sure Trey doesn't get into trouble given her father's proclivities, but Trey is out to revenge her brother's death (which was the focus of The Searcher). I liked this book but it seemed to move a low more slowly than her other books, and I sped through the last part just to find out 'who did it'. A good book but not my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment