Saturday, September 21, 2024

Book 149. Famous last words by Gillian McAllister

I just finished Famous Last Words and I give it ⁍⁍⁍⁍.

I'm a Gillian McAllister fan and I was excited to read this book. Cam's life changed in a second when her husband, Luke, held two hostages at gunpoint and then killed them. This was not something Cam expected and when Luke went on the run, Cam tried to put him behind her and to build a life for her baby Polly. Seven years later, when Cam is trying to get Luke declared dead, she gets some odd messages. Is Luke still alive? And does Cam want to know the truth? The book is told from two perspectives--Cam and Niall, who was the hostage negotiator (there's also a mysterious third party that is found in a few sections).

I liked this book, I liked Cam as a character and also her relationship with her daughter Polly. The twists had me gobsmacked! What I didn't really 'get' was the side story with Cam's sister. I'm not sure that was a red herring, exactly, just not sure what it added. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment