Monday, September 16, 2024

Book 147: Shattered by Valerie Davisson

 I just finished Shattered and I give it 🔥🔥🔥 1/2.

This is the first in a series of sort-of cozy mysteries by someone who lives on the Oregon coast, and the heroine (Logan McKenna) is a recent widow who moves to a small town called Jasper where I think she grew up? Anyway, she is helping at a big crafts fair (love) when a glassblower is found murdered. There are lots of suspects, including her friends who own the booth where she is working. Lots of red herrings, some interesting stuff about glass blowing and about Native American culture (love), some unfinished stuff which is kind of frustrating (her dead husband was having an affair?) and who is the lady who is a chess expert who runs the coffee place? I imagine if I keep going with the series I'll know more and I'll probably try the second book (it's on Kindle Unlimited so it's pretty low risk). 

No comments:

Post a Comment