Friday, July 19, 2024

Book 118: The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax

 I just finished the Accidental Bestseller and I give it 📘📘📘.

I had mentioned that I would give another book of Wax's a chance (in my search for the next Elin H book) and so I read this one. It's about four authors who are close friends. When one of the four is struggling with a book deadline, the other three agree to 'chip in' some chapters of the book (which they really shouldn't do, given their publishing contracts). The chapters also gave away some BIG secrets in each woman's life. 

The problem with this book (and this is a spoiler) was that the women were SHOCKED that someone figured out that they all participated in the book and that there was FALLOUT. This had me rolling my eyes. 

The women weren't particularly interesting or even easy to tell apart. In the hands of someone like Elin H, this would have been a terrific book (and it would be set on Nantucket to boot).  Sorry Wendy Wax, I'm done with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment