Sunday, August 4, 2024

Book 127 The Moonlight Market by Joanne Harris

 I just finished The Moonlight Market and I give it πŸŒ“πŸŒ“πŸŒ“.

I have not read any Joanne Harris (she does what  guess is called 'urban fantasy' and she wrote the book from which the movie 'Chocolat' was made) but it sounded like this book was my cup of tea--a young man discovers a mysterious and magical market and falls in love with someone there. Well, friends, the magical market (which is what drew me in) gets very short shrift, and this book instead is about a war between two different groups of very mean but beautiful fairies, based on a long held grudge/issue, and it was a bit convoluted for me. I wanted it to be all market, all the time and the market was about 1/20 of the whole book. I really had to force myself to read it (it was pretty short which was the one thing that kept me going).

1 comment:

  1. Bummer, you there wasn't more attention to the magical market, that sounds cool! Still sounds like it was imaginative though! Hopefully, your next read is more of what your looking for, this sounded interesting though, so thanks for sharing! Hope you have an amazing rest of the summer beauty!

    xoxo, MidoriLinea

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/panda-village-koala-world

    ReplyDelete