Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Book 83: One Perfect Couple by Ruth Ware

 I just finished One Perfect Couple and I give it 🌴🌴🌴🌴 1/2.

I love Ruth Ware and this new book did not disappoint--it arrived in my Kindle at 9pm Monday night and I finished it at about 2pm on Tuesday. It's a cross between Lord of the Flies and every thriller ever written abot filming a reality show on an island. 

It's typical Ruth Ware--it moves quickly, it's very plot driven, and it features a strong heroine. But the other characters on the island, especially the other women, are also very strong and unique. It takes an excellent writer to be able to have such a fast moving plot AND to create such special characters. 

I had to take off half a palm tree because of two parts of the book where we have no idea how something happened but other than that it was great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment