Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Highly recommend: books by KarinTanabe, Janice Hallett, Sally Rigby and Holly Gramazio.

The Sunset Crowd by Karin Tanabe. I liked this book! It was sort of an "All About Eve" set in 1970s Los Angeles. A tight group of friends (young, wealthy, beautiful, famous) meet a 'new girl', Theodora,  who insinuates herself into the group. But is she who she says she is? And what exactly is her endgame? Good characters and a good plot. The ending felt a bit rushed but that's my only criticism.

The Lost Girls of Penzance by Sally Rigby. This is the first in a (planned I guess) series of police procedurals set in Cornwall. The main characters are the head detective Lauren, her DC Matt, and assorted other detectives at the police station. Three girls go missing from daycares around town, and the team has to solve those crimes along with finding out what happened after a  discovery of bones at a farm near town. The book is no Ruth Galloway book but it wasn't bad, it wasn't too stressful to read, and I liked the characters. I will look forward to reading the next one that comes out soon.


The Christmas Appeal by Janice Hallett. This is a novella that is kind of a sequel to a book I adore, The Appeal. The same troup of amateur thespians is bound up in a murder, this time during their annual holiday 'panto'. This makes me want to read The Appeal again, so I think I will! Anyway, loved it. So I went back and re-read "The Appeal" and I loved that as well.


The Husbands by Holly Gramazio. Love this book. It won't be for everyone but it was NUTS! Read my review at NetGalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment